Kilikanoon Killerman’s Run Shiraz 2018
Contact For Price
Gold Medal – 2020 Mundus Vini
Share Our Wines With Your Friends & Family
Colour: Brick red in colour with youthful crimson hues.
Aroma: Lifted flavours of dark cherries, fresh licorice and subtle smoky oak infuse the nose.
Palate: Richly textured and delivering well beyond expectations, the palate carries forward the flavours of dark cherries and licorice from the nose and combines further with additional layers of chocolate, cedary overtones, finely balanced tannins and tarriness in a long persistent finish.
Alcohol: 14.5% v/v
Potential of at least 12 – 15 years.
The Killerman’s Run Collection is masterfully composed from Kilikanoon’s diverse vineyard sites and sub-regions, delivering an elegant and approachable style.
Our Killerman’s Run Shiraz is made from premium parcels of fruit selected from right across the Clare Valley. Traditional winemaking techniques; including pumping over by hand, basket pressing and keeping all parcels separate until the final assemblage, has created a wine of tremendous varietal power, regional character and consistent quality. A classic, regionally inspired Shiraz favoured by an excellent vintage, characterised by a wet winter and spring and cooler harvest conditions, enabling all parcels of fruit to be picked at the optimum time.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
James Halliday Wine Companion, AU
- 90 Points, Special Value
- 2019 Edition
- Excellent colour. Wow, quite a wine at this price. Medium to full-bodied, it ticks all the boxes with a welcoming dark fruit bouquet, the deep-set fruit clasped in the bosom of persistent, but ripe, tannins. Oak has played its part in giving the wine texture, tannins ex the fruit providing structure. Will doubtless sell for less than $20, and is a safe bet for cellaring for 5+ years.
Mundus Vini, Grand International Wine Awards Spring Tasting
- Gold Medal
Kilikanoon is proud to announce our overwhelming success at the Mundus Vini Grand International Wine Awards by taking home 11 Gold Medals, and the coveted status of Australian Winery of the Year for the third time in 8 years (also won in 2010 and 2017).
The jury was made up of well respected and reputable personalities from around the world including excellent sommeliers, recognized specialty retailers with above-average knowledge of wine, specialist journalists and scientists.
Gold medals are only awarded to the best rated wines within a group, which means Kilikanoon consistently impressed the tasting panels with masterfully composed cuvees. Being awarded Australian Winery of the Year once again highlights Kilikanoon’s dedication and uncompromising commitment to quality and style that has made the brand so successful.
A full list of our Gold Medal winning wines is below:
- ⍟ 2016 Killerman’s Run Shiraz
- ⍟ 2014 Oracle Shiraz
- ⍟ 2013 Attunga 1865 Shiraz
- ⍟ 2015 Blocks Road Cabernet Sauvignon
- ⍟ 2013 Tregea Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- ⍟ 2014 Prodigal Grenache
- ⍟ 2013 Duke Reserve Grenache
- ⍟ 2013 Kelly Grenache
Grenache Shiraz Mataro
- ⍟ 2016 Killerman’s Run GSM
- ⍟ 2013 Baudinet Blend GSM
- ⍟ 2016 Mort’s Block Watervale Riesling
GOLD MEDAL (2017 VINTAGE) – MUNDUS VINI INTERNATIONAL WINE AWARDS 2019
FROM VINE TO TABLE