Colour: Brick red in colour with youthful crimson hues.
Aroma: Cassis, tobacco leaf and red berries predominate the aromas, well supported by cedary and spicey oak notes.
Palate: Richly flavoured and textured, the dark fruits, hints of fresh leaf, tobacco and subtle French oak toast in perfect synchronicity with the fine grained tannins and balanced natural acidity. A long and persistent finish, that will be further enhanced by carefull cellaring.
Residual Sugar: 2.1 g/L
Alcohol: 14.0% v/v
Potential of at least 12 – 15 years.
The Killerman’s Run Collection is masterfully composed from Kilikanoon’s diverse vineyard sites and sub-regions, delivering an elegant and approachable style.
2015 was an excellent vintage overall. A very dry Spring was broken by soaking rains in January and February that put the vintage back on track. Cool conditions for the most part of February finished things off well, spacing out the harvest and allowing individual fruit parcels to be harvested at their optimum ripeness.
Our Killerman’s Run Cabernet Sauvignon has been crafted through careful fruit selection, traditional winemaking techniques, sixteen months maturation in new and seasoned French oak hogsheads and bottling unfiltered to fully enhance the wines character and appeal.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
James Suckling, JamesSuckling.com
- 91 Points
- Some leafy nuances ahead of cassis and redcurrant aromas. A mellow, floral edge, too. The palate has plenty of ripe and nutty tannins, supporting the cassis and red berries. Drink or hold. Screw cap.
James Halliday Wine Companion, AU
- 90 Points, Special Value
- 2019 Edition
- A testament to the reach of Kilikanoon across the Clare Valley, and of the skill of the winemaking team. This has clear-cut varietal character in a blackcurrant cassis mode backed by Cabernet tannins. Needs until the end of ’18 for the pieces to lock together, but at this price that shouldn’t be a major challenge.
Huon Hooke, The Real Review
- 92 Points
- Deep, dark, dense colour, with a fairly oaky bouquet, the palate adding a slather of sweet, ripe berry flavours. It’s dry and savoury, but also lush, with richness, density and fleshy extract to burn. A big, generous, solid wine with ageing potential. Outstanding value.
5 STAR REVIEW by Gavin Hubble – Wine Guy Review
- 5 Stars
- “Wines Worth Sharing”
- Showcasing the terroir of the Clare Valley and Kevin’s clear wine making philosophy of un-compromised quality and consistency. This wine is masterfully composed from Kilikanoon’s own diverse vineyard sites, planted across the captivating wine region, expressing an engaging, elegant and approachable style.As you pour this Cabernet into a generous glass, you will be greeted by a deep red color with shining crimson hue. This wine has an inviting aroma showcasing ripe cassis, truffle notes and a background of oak char. These engaging aromatics lead onto a generous palate that is packed with rich flavors.Rewarding your senses with dark wild berries, dark cacao and tobacco notes all nicely wrapped in well-balanced oak and fruit tannins. Giving structure and support to this self-assured, complex wine, resulting in a long and pleasing dry finish.
Decanter World Wine Awards, UK
- 90 Points
- Appealing nose of dark brooding fruit, sweet spice, cloves and a menthol twist. Grippy tannins on sweetly-fruited palate, dusty overtones.
GOLD MEDAL (2017 VINTAGE) – MUNDUS VINI INTERNATIONAL WINE AWARDS 2019